Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Things didn't start off great for me yesterday when I sat down to work on the ATFE SAL with Becky. Immediately, I realized that I didn't have a few colors with me I needed so I couldn't finish the back stitching and lazy daisies on the Spring scarecrow. That is when I discovered I didn't have the colors for the kitty that is supposed to be next to the birdhouse. Grrr....I KNOW I had all the colors together in the bag. I wonder if my little stitchers at the house robbed me. :) Anyways, I finally decided to start on the frame around the Winter scarecrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have no big plans for tonight. We are going to stay at the house and try to stay warm! It has been cold here! Mike and I don't exchange gifts with each other so we didn't have to deal with the rush of the Valentine's crowds. Instead we give the kids presents. I don't know if this is normal or not but that is how my parents were with me on Valentine's. The girls each got a pair of fur lined boots and Mac got an outfit plus they all got a chocolate heart from me.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ATFE looks great. Isn't it frustrating when you realize you don't have a thread you need?

BeckySC said...

It's looking great, Dawn :) I hope we can get the "mojo" working for both of us in this one...I'd really like to finish it this year :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad for the missing colours...
ATFE is looking gorgeous :)

Chiloe said...

I love your scaracrows!!! think my wish list will be bigger :))

Your blog is very nice

Unknown said...

I love watching your progress on this piece, it's so cute :)

Chiara said...

I love your tradition to make gift for children on S. Valentine's day...maybe it's an idea for next year...I like to see the progress of your SAL
hugs