Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SBQ of the week

This is the last week of vacation for my kids! Yay!! Come Monday morning it is back to getting up at 5:30 and getting all three off to school and then I will have some much needed quiet time to myself.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

How did you get started stitching? Was there a person that inspired you?

I had to think really hard on how to answer this one. Technically, I taught myself how to cross stitch while I was pregnant with Krissy and on bed rest which was 14 years ago. So at first, I would say that no one inspired me but if I think back to when I was 10 my grandma Gladys gave me a set of embroidered pillow cases to put in my hope chest. I remember her telling me the names of the stitches like lazy daiseys and satin stitches. I remember I was intrigued by the stitching but she died shorty after that so she didn't actually get to teach me.

I have been stitching on ATC but it doesn't look like it. I finished the back stitching on the castle and finished the back stitching on the dragon's neck and body. All I have left to finish the wings. I see a happy dance either this weekend or first part of next week!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My path to stitching was very similar to yours!

stitcherw said...

You're so close, I can't wait to see it done. I'll bet the backstitch is really making it pop.
Sue