Thursday, April 06, 2006

SBQ of the Week

Today's SBQ is:

Do you stitch "on the go?" (On the commute to and from work, during your lunch break, waiting for the kids, etc.) If so, do you have a specific "travel" project or do you just grab whatever you happen to be working on and take it with you?

When we went back for MIL funeral I tried to stitch while my hubby was driving. That didn't work out to well! Every time there was a small bump in the road I managed to jab myself with the needle. After about 6 times of that I decided that I can't stitch in a moving vehicle. However, I do manage to get some stitching done when I am waiting in the car pool line for the kids. I usually just grab whatever I am working on that day and bring it with me.

My house is an organized chaos. I have boxes everywhere and piles of things in every room of the house. I am trying to keep things in three different piles: stuff going with us, stuff for the yard sale, and whatever is left I am giving to the church. Of course, the kids are trying to help pack which leads to more work for me since they don't seem to understand that you fill a box full not just with one or two items.

Only 5 days left until we move to Arkansas and I still have tons of things to do!

2 comments:

Anne S said...

Don't envy you the task of moving, Dawn - done that myself recently (not to mention the move from NZ to Australia), and I hate it ... 7 months later and I still have boxes unpacked haha. Hope everything goes smoothly for you - not long now, and it'll all be behind you :D

Lisa said...

I can't believe you're getting any stitching done at all! I hope you have a great move.