Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Busy Week

I have not put anything in my blog this past week because I have been extremely busy and not with stitching. I did manage to get some good stitching time but because it was so stressful this week I managed to break three needles. That was the topping on the cake for me I wanted to be like an ostrich and bury my head in the sand. My husband was being thoughtful and went to Wal-Mart and picked me up some needles. He was bound determined to get me the right package of needles. He brought me home four different sizes of needles. I did not have the heart to tell him that I will only use one of the packages. However, my 2 daughters who are beginning to cross stitch will be able to use them for their projects.

I did manage to get some progress on my PM piece. I am almost done with the stitching. I ran out of 310 for the hair but I still have the rest of the table cloth to finish in 819 and 776. I have all the backstitching to do but it will be worth the pain. I adore Precious Moments so you will see I tend do a lot of their patterns. This is my first pattern working with the eavenweave and so far it is looking pretty good to me.


I also got some time to work on the insect pillow I am making for my son. I have three of the six bug squares finished. I am having so much fun with this project because the patterns does not call for any backstitching. These are good patterns for beginners to stitch. My daughter, A., who is 10 years old has done the lady bug pattern and it turned out really nice. I am stitching it on 28ct. white eavenweave. I am going to make it into a simple pillow as my 7 year old son will put it thru a lot of wear and tear.

I am getting the "Stitching Blogger's Question of the week put up a lot late but never the less I am still going to do it. So here it is : Do you set stitching goals?

To this question I have a hard time answering because I really do not set goals for my pieces but if I am doing it for someone in particular I usually have a time frame that I have to have it done. There is one goal I would like to set for myself and that is to actually keep track of how long a piece takes me to stitch. A lot of non stitching friends ask me how long a particular pattern would take me to do and I can give them an estimate in days or weeks on how long one takes me to finish. I would like to be able to know for myself how many hours it takes me to stitch a pattern from start to finish. I will try to keep track of my time with my next project that I will start sometime in the next week or so.

No comments: